- 15 mins
1 packet of fresh gluten free gnocchi, or other gluten free pasta.
1 450g can organic tomatoes
6 ripe fresh large tomatoes or 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
2-3 cloves of garlic
1 cup of frozen peas
1 cup of frozen broad beans
1 head of broccoli – shaved
1 large onion – diced
1 Bunch of fresh Basil leaves
(1) Bring a large pot of water to the boil, add a little salt
(2) Take the peas and broad beans from the freezer and cover with water to defrost. Drain when ready to use.
(2) Cut the onion in half and remove the shoot. Then dice the remaining onion into small pieces.
(3) Add onion to a non-stick pan and sauté. When it begins to change colour or stick, add garlic and a splash of water.
(4) Cook onion and garlic for 2 minutes
(5) Add fresh tomatoes sauté for 5 minutes
(6) Add tinned tomatoes sauté for another 3 minutes
(7) Take the head of broccoli and shave off the florets. The finer the better, but if you like it chunky then that’s great too. Add to the tomato mix. Cook for further 5 minutes.
(8) Add the peas, broad beans and fresh basil (keep a little aside as a garnish), to the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
(9) Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
(10) Combine sauce and gnocchi and serve.
(11) It is yummy served with a dollop of green cheese, and a sprinkle of fresh basil.