- 15-20 mins
Potatoes – 3 medium – chopped into cubes
Carrot – 2 medium – chopped into cubes
Onion – 1 large diced into small pieces
Garlic – 3 cloves chopped into small pieces
Cashews – 1 cup soaked
Nutritional Yeast – 1 cup
Apple Cider Vinegar – 1 tablespoon
Salt and Pepper to taste
¼ Teaspoon onion and or garlic powder (optional)
(1) Soak cashews in boiling water until ready to use. Then drain off the water and wash to remove any remaining residue.
(2) Scrub potatoes and carrots and chop into small cubes. The smaller the quicker they will cook.
(3) Cut open the onion and garlic down the middle and remove the centre shoot. Then dice into pieces.
(4) Into a saucepan, place the chopped potatoes, carrot, onion, garlic and enough vegetable stock to cover the vegetables. Boil until the veggies are soft.
(5) Place the cooked ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
(6) Add the soaked cashews, apple cider vinegar, pepper, salt, onion powder and garlic powder and blend until smooth. Add a little more water or stock if necessary.
(7) Finally add the nutritional yeast. 1 cup to begin, taste and add more if you want the sauce cheesier.