Ginger-Garlic Tofu Stir Fry
Looking for a delicious and healthy way to spice up your meals? Look no further than ginger! In addition to its many health benefits, ginger is a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes, from stir-fries to baked goods. Try adding it to our Ginger-Garlic Tofu Stir Fry recipe for a satisfying and flavorful meal that will keep you healthy all winter long.
• 1 block of extra-firm tofu, pressed and cut into small cubes • 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
• 1 tablespoon of tamari or soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
• 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
• 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 red bell pepper, sliced
• 1 yellow onion, sliced
• 1 tablespoon of water
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Cooked brown rice, for serving
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch, tamari or soy sauce, rice vinegar, maple syrup, ginger, and garlic until well combined. Set aside.
2. In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of water over medium-high heat. Add the cubed tofu and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crispy. Remove the tofu from the skillet and set aside.
3. Add the sliced bell pepper and onion to the same skillet and sauté for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender.
4. Add the tofu back to the skillet with the vegetables and pour in the ginger-garlic sauce. Stir well to coat everything and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens and everything is heated through.
5. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve the stir-fry over cooked brown rice.