Green Cheese Dip
- 10 mins
Slivered Almonds – 1 cup soaked (the longer you soak the creamier it will be. For best results overnight, however if you are in a hurry, pour boiling water over them and soak for 20 minutes)
Juice of 1 lemon
2 – 3 teaspoons of Pink Himalayan salt
1 – 2 cloves of garlic
Nutritional yeast – 1 – 2 cups (the more you add the cheesier it is)
Fresh Basil – 1 bunch
Fresh Dill – 1 bunch
Fresh Parsley – ¼ bunch (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Water – as needed
(1) Soak almonds overnight or for as long as you can. Drain the almonds, wash thoroughly with fresh water.
(2) Cut garlic in half and remove the middle shoot.
(3) Juice the lemon
(4) Add the soaked almonds, lemon juice, salt, garlic to your food processor, and whiz till smooth – approximately 3 minutes.
(5) Add herbs, you can use a lot of the stems as well, you don’t need to just use the leaves. I don’t use the think part of the herbs, but I am not too careful about only using the leaves. Whiz till smooth and well combined – approximately 3 minutes
(6) Add Nutritional yeast, salt and pepper and whiz till smooth – approximately 3 minutes, adding small amounts of water until you get the desired consistency.
(7) The more water you add, the runnier the sauce, so be careful, as once you have added too much water it is hard to thicken.
Stores in the fridge for at least a week, depends upon the freshness of your herbs. Can last for up to 3 weeks if herbs are organic and fresh