Quinoa Salad with Citrus Dressing
Enjoy this vibrant and nourishing lunch that supports your immune system and keeps you satisfied throughout the day.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, mixed salad greens, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, pomegranate arils, parsley, and mint.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, orange juice, maple syrup or agave nectar, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper until well combined.
3. Pour the citrus dressing over the quinoa salad and toss gently to coat.
4. Allow the flavors to meld for a few minutes before serving.
5. Adjust seasonings if needed and serve the salad at room temperature.
This Quinoa Salad with Citrus Dressing is packed with immune-boosting ingredients like citrus fruits, fresh herbs, and pomegranate arils. Quinoa provides a good source of plant-based protein and fiber, while the colorful vegetables add a variety of nutrients.
The oil-free citrus dressing adds a tangy and refreshing flavor to the salad without the need for added oils. Feel free to customize the salad by adding your favorite vegetables or additional toppings such as toasted nuts or seeds.